Dave Hinz

On 29 Sep 2005 10:54:15 -0700, wrote:
I know this is O/T but I hope you can bear with me.

Charter Communications (a cable company) has me on their junk mail list
and tells me that they CAN NOT take me off it.

I know that there is someplace that I can write to and be removed from
all
junk mail lists but MY point is that Charter put me on their list so
THEY
should take me off, if I ask them.

Sounds like time to, at a minimum, find a better ISP.

They don't have my name on the junk mail, just 'current
resident'.
Have any of you good people taken issue with a company under these
circumstances?

I don't get much if any junk mail, and I never did understand why. At
least it costs them something to sell, unlike spam which uses the
equipment and bandwidth that _I_ pay for.

Can I sue them for harassment in small claims court, for instance?

Dunno. I'd google for "junk mail lawsuit" and see what comes up.