Rex B

Pete Bergstrom wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:

If you're going to be making stuff out of steel, you will find this
extremely useful. I have a Milwaukee, but Jeff W. sez this HF saw
works great for him == for about 1/5 the price of a Milwaukee.
This would cut your 1-3/8" shaft in about 30 seconds. It'll go thru
2 x 2 x 1/4 angle a lot faster than that, leaving a clean cut with no
burrs.

I just picked up a chunk of steel this morning to make Aloris-style
toolholders (Martin Eastburn posted a picture to the Dropbox a few years
back). I've been thinking about getting this saw and now I'll do it this
weekend (sidewalk sale at the store in my neighborhood). I looked at
the specs for it a while back and it does take the same blade length as
the Milwaukee saw.

Maybe the first project will be to build a cutting stand for the saw; I
have an extra milling vise that ought to work nicely. MicroMark's saw
came with the stand but is $80 more than HF.

You can buy the standard 4x6 metalcutting bandsaw on wheels from Homier
now for $99.95. I'd come closer to buying one of these first, as you
won't have to build a stand and you can make nice square cuts for your
toolholders almost right outa the box.
Their portable bandsaw is $49.95.
Unless they are having a tent sale near you soon, freight may be an issue.