Asimov

" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Sep 05 23:54:07)
--- on the heady topic of " Troubleshooting computer monitors without power"

ZZ From:
ZZ Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:342008

ZZ Nobody has the right to tell anybody STFU on this forum.

ZZ That same thought crossed my mind, just who is imposing this
ZZ limitation. Realize this may be a child or ,,,,,,,,, who knows. I'm
ZZ not saying it is but to be ignorant of the possibility is
ZZ ,,,,,,,,ignorant.
ZZ Imagine being taken to a room with monitors, or anything which your
ZZ job is to fix, but you must change the parts without powering them up
ZZ and when you put then back together completely they must work.

ZZ I would burn the place down and not lose a wink over it, they are
ZZ KILLING technical minds. There is way too much of that going on
ZZ today. Needless to say, I would turn the job down. Wouldn't be the
ZZ first time.
ZZ JURB

Jerry, the limitation isn't wrong per se. I always have to unplug an
appliance before changing any components. I may have tack soldered the
occasional cap or resistor with the power on but only for test
purposes. Seriously now, no one in his right mind would replace a HOT
or psu chopper in a hot chassis. Going to take a chill pill... tada!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Back when I was a boy, we sucked the air out of our own vacuum tubes!