Abrasha wrote:
Instead of going through all of this, have you considered getting
yourself a better piece of property in a better neighborhood, with
better tenants?

Where you have no need for security fencing and power gates?

*** Indeed. I search constantly. Unfortunately, rental property in
California ( I see you're in SF )
is consistantly priced at the "breakeven" or "zero cash flow" point.
As painful as ownership of my complex is at times, it's a living. For
two years I have been looking, and have been unable to find anything
that even comes close.

Also - the activity is not devoid of fun. When I bought it, it was
in very sad shape. Over the past few years, we have been restoring it
- making a better life for our tenants. It brings the pleasure of
creating something from nothing - or at least from very little - kind
of like restoring an old car. It also brings the satisfaction of doing
a good deed.

- Jerry Kaidor ( )