gfulton

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:59:56 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

I think I want a genny
that makes 220 so I can just pull the main breaker, plug the genny
into a welder outlet and power the house, being very selective about
loads of course.

Please don't do that!!! I prefer to see the Excel guys stringing wire,
not swearing at folks back feeding power on them.

Not to worry, Roy. I'll not zap a lineman doing his job.

Matter of fact, they ground dead lines to avoid hazards from fools.
I'll have visible air between genny contacts and grid contact.

My training as an electrical engineer 40 years ago included some work
with thick wire and lab work requiring an overhead gantry crane.
Computers were for grad students.

I'm probably not as smart as you are, but I can assure you that I
won't be zapping any linemen.

I run my gen. the same way and there'll never be any linemen zapped from my
place. Been a aircraft electrician for 40 yrs. and have got enough sense to
energize and deenergize circuits correctly. Have trained both my grown sons
to operate the setup just_exactly_the right way. There are some of us out
here who understand the danger, run our equipment safely, and get a little
tired of the safety fascists.