Peter Ashby

Default Electric pylons... are they noisy?

In article ,
"wanderer" wrote:

As I said elsewhere, the official line is that nothing has been proved.
There are some reports out possibly from the National Radiological
Protection Board that don't actually say there's no danger, but that there
is no evidence to prove there's any danger from electromagnetic fields,
which, of course isn't quite the same thing. There was also I think a
Swedish report that came out about 10 or 12 years ago that said there was
evidence to prove there was a danger. In the end, I guess you pays your
money and takes your choice depending on your view point!

Well I can tell you that the effects of magnetic fields on developing
embryos are well documented for one biological effect. TMS shows that
magnetic fields can affect cognition as well. So we know magnetic fields
affect biological systems, the question of course is one of field
strength (and direction) allied with long term exposure.

My wife administered an epidemiology study which measured levels in
homes and sought a correlation with cancers. I can't remember what the
conclusions were, but I'll ask. It was of the 'did the electricity meter
on the other side of the wall from the bed cause my kid's brain tumour?'
type.

Personally, I wouldn't live underneath high tension lines, but then I
earn enough so I don't have to.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.