Jeff Wisnia

Tim Shoppa wrote:
My point that life out in the country without power in case
of an ice storm didn't carry squat against the
washer/dryer combo that she had spotted on
sale. AND now we couldn't afford it.

You should've bought the internal-combustion powered Maytag :-). It'll
wash your clothes AND run when the power is out!

I think they made them up through the 60's, they still show up at farm
auctions etc.

Yep, and I've got a spark plug from one of those Maytags in my goody box.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/plug.jpg

It comes apart for cleaning and uses a copper gasket to seal it gas
tight. NPT threads where it screwed into the engine.

Says "Maytag" on it too. You can just see the "g" to the left of The "C"
in Champion in the RH photo.

The serendipidous part related to this thread is that I "poisonally"
gave Don one of the two I'd just found, as a gag gift, when we were in
Fridley a few years ago. :-)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia