~Roy

Dunno what kind of saw or bar you run but I have swapped many a chain
in the field and there is no reason in the world it hsould leak bar
oil if its doone properly. If a chip is in the oil port remove it.
Chains and bars are swapped every day in the logging and pulpwood
industry.......It doe snot pay to set down and sharpen a chain or do
much other than a quick touch up of a couple of nicked teeth if your
usuing your saw to earn money. Its cheaper and faster to have a
couple of spare loops on hand to swap out when needed......Of ocurse
most here is not out earing a extra buck and need to eliminate down
time with sharpening, but having a spare chain is a good idea.....

On 28 Sep 2005 09:41:46 -0700, wrote:

===In the woods, I'd rather file the chain than swap to a sharp one
===because the saw is likely to leak bar oil badly if a chip gets caught
===under the bar near the oil hole. There is a paintbrush in the toolbox
===to clean around the gas and oil caps before refilling but it doesn't
===work well if soaked with sticky bar oil. I am NOT about to clean a hot
===saw with gasoline while standing in dry leaves next to my tractor.
===Besides, touching up the chain gives the saw time to cool a little
===before refueling.
===
===At home I'll swap chains after blowing out the sprocket area with
===compressed air.
===
===jw

"The original frugal ponder"