rb

3 months ? Call the tech back

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is the typical problem that I see with these tv's posted all over
the internet, hit the power button, light is green for a few seconds,
and then turns off. I haven't found any good suggestions as to the
cause or possible fix for it, outside of sending it to a tech. That is
fine, as my last option, but I come to these sites for suggestions as
to what "I" can do to fix the problem with as little money going out as
possible. The tv is a VS-50603 and is about 5 years old, so the other
thing I see is, "buy a new tv". I have no problems with this tv, when
working, and it is the one I have in my bedroom, so I don't care to
spend a lot to replace a tv in my bedroom, I have a much newer one in
the living room and it cost more than enough. Also, this may just be
me, but I would like to get more than 5 years out of something this
expensive. It still looks brand new and is just a couple years out of
warranty, so I don't want to scrap it. My parents had their tv for
about twenty-five years, so I'd hate to think that quality of products
is getting that much worse, even though I know that it is. It started
smoking a while back when I turned it off and I had a tech come pick it
up for $80 and they charged me $370 to replace a board that blew out.
So, a few months later, this happens. I don't believe the two are
related and don't believe that he did anything wrong, it worked fine
for 3 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
in advance.