....Unfortunately a wedge is too big to get thru the wood stove door and
limb makes it near impossible to split the tip off the wedge....
--
Dan

I cut up those messy hard-to-split chunks with the chain saw. It cuts
pretty well with the bar parallel to the trunk, like cutting a slab off
the side or slicing a big log in half lengthwise. I saw big wet heavy
sections in half sometimes rather than getting hurt lifting them into
the trailer.

The long chips jam in the sprocket area unless the bar is angled
slightly up or down relative to the log, or the saw body is a few
inches clear of the end of the log for the first pass down.

jw