Larry Jaques

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:56:39 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Roger Shoaf" quickly quoth:

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
.. .
On 25 Sep 2005 17:26:31 -0700, "mr electron"

I once worked for a fellow who wouldn't hire anyone until he had taken
them to lunch. His hiring decision hinged on whether a candidate
seasoned their food before taking the first bite to see if it needed
seasoning.

Did you work for Thomas Edison?

"Whenever Thomas Edison was about to hire a new employee, he would invite
the applicant over for a bowl of soup. If the person salted his soup before
tasting it, Edison would not offer him the job. He did not hire people who
had too many assumptions built into their everyday life. Edison wanted
people who consistently challenged assumptions."

-- From Thinkertoys, by Michael Michalko, Ten Speed Press, 1991

Smart man, that Tom guy.

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the
Congress?

It says that they're totally uncorrupted. They obviously have no
knowledge about anything resembling common sense or anything which
relates to the public they supposedly serve.

My neighbor mentioned some congresswoman who didn't know that many
poor people in LA didn't own cars or drive! She didn't realize they
couldn't afford cars, gas, insurance, repairs, etc.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris