Dave Hinz

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:56:57 GMT, Ignoramus26153 wrote:
On 28 Sep 2005 17:55:17 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Edison was a crook who took credit for the work of others, and pulled off
marketing scams which sent the electrical generation industry back a
decade. He was the Bill Gates/Microsoft of his century, and I don't
mean that in anything approaching a good way.

Dave, do you know of any book that honestly discusses this? I heard
these allegations and they make some sense, but I want to go a little
in depth.

I've got a new, in the wrapper copy of "Tesla - a man before his time".
email me your address and it's yours. Goes into the specifics of the
AC/DC GE vs. Westinghouse thing in detail. Short version: Tesla
approached Edison with this new thing he invented called AC. Edison
told him he'd pay $30,000 if Tesla would develop it to "usable", Tesla
did. Edison weaseled; Tesla went to Westinghouse. Edison then did
everything possible (including public electrocution of dogs by AC) to
show that his DC was "better".

I will refrain from commenting on my 12 years of experience working
for the company Edison founded.

Dave Hinz