F. George McDuffee

Otheers have suggested the Shearline website -- good place to
start. Problem with HF or even Baldor grinder is the lack of
repeatability of your grind because of the difficulty in setting
the table and fence to known angles.

Take a look at
http://www.mcduffee-associates.us/ma...g/tabanggg.htm
http://www.mcduffee-associates.us/machining/thfnce.htm
for how we overcame this problem. Even a first term student can
now grind threading tools to a line-out fit to an acme gauge.

You will need wheel dresser to keep the wheel true and flat. An
inexpensive diamond dresser [c. 5$] will work fine for both AO
[white] and SC [green] wheels.

GmcD

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:17:19 GMT, "Frantic3D"
wrote:
Hello all,
I just purchased, (perhaps by mistake) H.F. 6" tool grinder. Looks and runs
like a fairly well made machine.
Anyway, the reason I purchased it was because it came with the nice green
silicon/carbide wheels for grinding carbide.
Question I can grind most all of my lathe tool bits and a few none standard
ones.Is there reference for grinding end mills and the like?
Or am I better off buying these as needed? I'm fully aware this is the sort
of thing that practice will ultimately make better.
So some sort of reference material would be helpful to start.

TIA
Neil