Dave Hinz

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:34:19 -0700, Roger Shoaf wrote:

Well as someone that admires Edison, I think one of his biggest bone head
screw-ups was picking the wrong side in the AC vs. DC debate.

He didn't "pick the wrong side", he picked the side which would result
in immensely more generator sales for his company. He did everything he
could to impede (heh...impede, get it?) AC power and acceptance of same.

But all in all, he does deserve the title Great Man.

In much the same way as other ruthless industrialists who would lie,
cheat, and steal to reach their objectives, I suppose, yeah.

Dave Hinz