Jeff Wisnia

Don Foreman wrote:

Sport divers are categorically dumber than ... whom? Jeff, a
graduate of MIT, was a sport diver. My son, a grad of U of MN in EE,
is a sport diver. I doubt that many professional deep divers have
PhD's.

Hey, wachitt Don! I represent that remark!

(Or s**t, I meant to say resent.)

That old "rapture of the deep" just keeps coming back I guess, though
it's been at least 40 years since I last pulled on a wet suit.

Me and my diving buddy circa the early 60s:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/divepals.html

Metal content...lead diving weights and the metal CO2 cartridge holders
over her right boob and my left.

We made our own wet suits back then (Trace, snip and glue.), and I came
up with the bright idea of installing the rubber bladders from a couple
of "Mae West" life vests inside our wet suit jackets, with the CO2 and
oral inflators outside, to use if we needed emergency flotation.

Before some wisenheimer asks, the offset locations of those CO2
cartridge holders on our two suits didn't didn't cause us any underwater
entanglements. I'm righthanded and she was sinistral*, so I picked those
locations for activtion by our dominant hands.

She got some strange looks from people by standing on the beach and
popping the CO2, long before Dolly Parton became a household word.

Jeff

* http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...y&va=sinistral

--
Jeffry Wisnia