David

Default SDS drill for general DIY?

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:25:16 +0000 (UTC), mike ring
strung together this:

I think that's pretty good advice - I've got a cheapish old SDS which

does
me, but I can't imagine how I would use it with a convebntional chuck and

smallish bit.

With a SDS to conventional 3 jaw chuck adapter.

I think he knows that but can't imagine actually using it becasue it's such
a great big effing thing to handle, and probably pretty unweildly with the
gimickt replacement chuck stuckup front.

I'd be interested to know if anyone who has a replacement chuck woould

use
in with a 2-3mm HS bit, or to drill a pilot for a #8 woodscrew

Eh? Replace what chuck with what?
--

the point looks to be about using a 4kg SDS with small drills requiring
possibly requiring relatively high precision. (he said ..trying to second

cheers

Daid