mac davis

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:23:05 -0400, "Tom Nie" wrote:

Would really appreciate hearing your feelings on these lathes.
TomNie

If money is no object, (you ARE considering a Oneway), go for the biggest Oneway
that you can afford.. *g*

I have the Jet 1442 with the reeves drive and love it... (but having owned
shopsmiths for over 30 years, I'm used to them)

It's the best buy for the money that I could find.. 1/2 the price of a 16" lathe
and only about $200 more than the 14" Delta... (my research showed that it was
MUCH more than a 200 difference in quality)

I looked at the 16" lathes, but they were too expensive, took up too much space
and were way too big for our upcoming move to Mexico...
I went to 14" because the next step up from my Jet mini was a 12" and I always
try to skip a step..

Look up turning clubs in your area, Tom.. and see what they demo on and what
some of the members are using.. they might even let you make shavings on a few
different lathes so you can get the feel for them.. YMM (and probably will)V

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing