Andy Hall wrote:
On 26 Sep 2005 08:45:33 -0700, wrote:

I want to batten the walls and install some insulation, but I want to
make sure it's rodent resistant/proof.

Probably use exterior grade osb on the inside, but what insulation to
use ? rockwool or Glass fibre mat ?

What would mice etc not like to nest in is probably the query.

Also need to insulate an up and over garage door, what's best to stick
on here. Clearly I won't be skinning it over with wood due to excess
weight. How about around the edges where the gaps are ?

I have a recipe for all of this which I've posted a few times, Paul.

My garage has a pitched, trussed, felted roof.

snip goodstuff

Thanks Andy,

This is something I look at every year, just when the first cold snap
hits ;-)

I think the walls and door are priority #1 as it'll give me the best
return on time investment.

"15mm air gap behind. Filled frame with 50mm Celotex."

Hmm, where's the air gap ?

So, batten the floor too then when framing ? not just put the board
down to floor level ? The floor is concrete.

Cheers,

Paul.