Duane Bozarth

Patriarch wrote:

"Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote in
:

hello,

THAT IS A GRAT IDEA!!!!
and it will reduce greatly the chances of crapping out my tongue/grove
fitting!

whoever you are roy, you are a champ!

thanks, cyrille

"ROYNEU" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cyrille,

I would suggest a money savings here. Not a bank wad full but with
700 board feet of expensive wood I would go with a spline and grove.
The spline could be done with a much cheaper wood and you will get
the same results without wasting 3/4" to 1/2" of material for each
joint. Just make sure you use a wood with the same
expansion/contraction compatability.

Roy

And only one machine setup, too. Look for a '3-winged slot cutter',
1/2" shank, for your router, in the appropriate slot cutting size.
Bearing guided, or use a fence, even if it's home built, on the router
table, to control cutting depth.

You still want to use feather boards to hold down that stock against the
table.

Only possible rub would be the end purpose -- if it's for flooring or
siding or some such and want hidden fasteners, the tounge provides a
convenient nailing place. Not impossible w/ the groove, but not quite
as simple. Of course, if face nailing hidden w/ plugs or other
technique is acceptable, then no problem....

Just reinforces that complete answers require full knowledge of
objective...