Patriarch

"Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote in
:

hello,

THAT IS A GRAT IDEA!!!!
and it will reduce greatly the chances of crapping out my tongue/grove
fitting!

whoever you are roy, you are a champ!

thanks, cyrille

"ROYNEU" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cyrille,

I would suggest a money savings here. Not a bank wad full but with
700 board feet of expensive wood I would go with a spline and grove.
The spline could be done with a much cheaper wood and you will get
the same results without wasting 3/4" to 1/2" of material for each
joint. Just make sure you use a wood with the same
expansion/contraction compatability.

Roy

And only one machine setup, too. Look for a '3-winged slot cutter',
1/2" shank, for your router, in the appropriate slot cutting size.
Bearing guided, or use a fence, even if it's home built, on the router
table, to control cutting depth.

You still want to use feather boards to hold down that stock against the
table.

Patriarch