Cyrille de Brébisson

hello,

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:46:06 GMT, "Cyrille de Brébisson"
I need to make 350lf of tongue and grove in Jatoba (356 of tongue,
350 of grove), and was wondering what was the best approach?

Whichever method you choose, consider that control of the stock and
feed rates will have a major effect on the quality of the results,
and the safety to the operator.

A pro shop would likely use a power feeder on something looking a lot
like a shaper.

Keep in mind that jatoba is way up the hardness scale...

My estimate is that this is probably about US$1k in materials cost. And
this is a big project, no matter how you look at it, for a hobby guy.
I'm one of those, for certain.

actually, $700

Do it carefully, Cyrille.

For a real answer regarding how I'd do it by hand, I'd like to know the
size of the pieces (length, width, thickness) and the size of the T&G.
Plus, it would be helpful to know the toolset available.

I cut the boards to around 5ft long, and they vary in width from 4.5'' to
6.5''
$99 Ryobi table saw with custom build crappy outfeed table
uneven dirt floor
shop vac
PC router (1 1/4hp I think) with a semi flat table
$30 Harbor freight dadoo blade

I've done a lot of moulding of similar nature w/ the RAS and a moulding
head in the past, but I suspect Cyrille doesn't have one of those,
either....I've used the moulding head on the tablesaw or set up
double-bladed cuts as for tenoning to do such things, as well.

I would love to have such a thing! but I do not know if my table saw would
support it anyway...

regards, cyrille