George

"Harry Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
I settled on the DVR because it had everything I wanted and was at a price
I could afford. On the downside, the stand is not included. I haven't
heard one bad thing about it and Brad at Packard Woodworks said they have
had no problems with the ones they have sold. No belts, good speed range,
fair distance between centers, 16" swing. Mine is sitting in a trucking
terminal not to far from here where I will pick it up tomorrow. Meanwhile
I'm building a stand.

Got a good workable stand for the plain old 3000 that you can see here.
http://georgephoto.photosite.com/~ph...7072183620.jpg
Two big pluses are the footprint is wider than the swing for stability, and
the lathe is elevated for cleanup.

Oh yes, the 400mm swing figure is correct, at least for the 3000. Don't cut
at 16".