Harry Pye

Tom,

Would really appreciate hearing your feelings on these lathes.

I just went through the same evaluation and ordered a Nova 3000 DVR. I
didn't consider the Jet 1442 because I wanted electronic speed control
and it has a Reeves drive.

The Oneway is probably one of the best lathes around but it's swing of
twelve inches was not that much more than my Delta Midi. But I think the
1224 was my second choice. One plus, it comes with a stand.

The Jet 1642 is a nice lathe and has all of the features that I wanted.
I can or could be had on Amazon for under $1800 with free shipping. But,
it is just to darn big. I don't turn large things between centers. I
turn pens and start bowls between centers but don't make any spindles.
It comes with legs and should be a serious contender.

I settled on the DVR because it had everything I wanted and was at a
price I could afford. On the downside, the stand is not included. I
haven't heard one bad thing about it and Brad at Packard Woodworks said
they have had no problems with the ones they have sold. No belts, good
speed range, fair distance between centers, 16" swing. Mine is sitting
in a trucking terminal not to far from here where I will pick it up
tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm building a stand.

Hope this helps.