SteveB

"xray" wrote

I do have to admit that I was turning with my lathe around midnight and
the tool was singing because I was turning a groove and afraid to cut
hard. I think I better try to remember not to annoy much in the future.
The neighbors that I would most likely have disturbed have kids who like
the current BOOM BOOM BOOM music, so maybe we can come to an
understanding if it ever comes up.

Noise is defined by occupational safety experts as unwanted sound. "Music"
can be argued not to be noise, although at times, it is coming in so
unwanted from passing vehicles that it qualifies as noise.

But in a tug of war in court about the two points, the "singing" on the boom
box would win over the "singing" of your lathe as to which one is
acceptable.

I personally prefer the machine noise to the OOGGAH BOOGAH music and angry
filthy rantings coming out of the car stereos.

Guess I am just getting old.

Steve