Gerald Miller

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:31:15 -0400, "gfulton"
wrote:

It's not as bad as it sounds. There was a store, (Boots if I remember it
right), in England that sold a home brewing kit that included a thick walled
plastic brewing container that held about 5 gallons. Once you added the
wort and yeast and let if ferment, it built up it's own CO2 feed pressure
and carbonation. After a few weeks, when you started pulling off the beer
and it got down to about half the level of the sealed container, the
pressure was no longer sufficient to push it out through the tap. There was
a one way valve on the top where you could inject CO2 from a tool that held
a small gas cartridge. I brewed a lot of beer in one of these things
overseas and they worked well. Couldn't tell any difference in the taste
after I started using the gas injector when the level dropped.

May have been sold by Boots but was made by Edme - I have one down
in the "brewery" that I used a few times, even modified the shelving
(metal content) in the beer fridge to accommodate the unit. but was
never satisfied. The beer was made in a separate vessel then racked
into the pressure barrel and a bit more sugar added for carbonation.
If anyone wants to try it, it is free to a good home including 8 or 10
of the CO2 cartridges and instructions.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada