gfulton

wrote in message
In .fi, on 09/27/05
at 01:05 PM, Seismo Malm
said:

You can use it to carbonate beer
or hard cider too

AARRggghh! & you can use Moore & Wright micrometers to do up nuts, slip
guages make excellent packing for small pieces held in vice jaws, whilst
your lathe bed makes an excellent anvil, unless you've marked it too much
by angle grinding floor tiles on it.

It's not as bad as it sounds. There was a store, (Boots if I remember it
right), in England that sold a home brewing kit that included a thick walled
plastic brewing container that held about 5 gallons. Once you added the
wort and yeast and let if ferment, it built up it's own CO2 feed pressure
and carbonation. After a few weeks, when you started pulling off the beer
and it got down to about half the level of the sealed container, the
pressure was no longer sufficient to push it out through the tap. There was
a one way valve on the top where you could inject CO2 from a tool that held
a small gas cartridge. I brewed a lot of beer in one of these things
overseas and they worked well. Couldn't tell any difference in the taste
after I started using the gas injector when the level dropped.