Martin H. Eastburn

I walked my farmers agent through my metal shop. Showed how it was locked and constructed.
He thought like a tank. I think an armor car. Didn't say. It is 200 yards from the house
and has its own power drop and meter and bill. He knew I was starting Plasma as he offered
to show off some stuff at his office. No issue - far from home - and a metal building .

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

carl mciver wrote:
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

| I think the biggest problem is due to OA tanks. Most home-owner
insurance
| policies have a void clause if OA tanks are on your property. Are you
OA
| welding? You might get around this if it's a problem by going to
| propane-oxygen. Tell them you are doing explosive welding...see where
THAT
| gets you. (What are buds for)
|
| Wow. I'll check my homeowner's policy. I do own a set of O/A tanks but I
almost
| never use 'em, mostly keep them for sentimental reasons. Maybe once a year
| have to use the cutting torch to make a meatball cut. Maybe it's time to
sell them.

| I normally stick weld outside, in my driveway. However, I recently got a
| Millermatic 250 MIG welder, and with a fume extractor I could probably
weld
| inside, or maybe with the door only slightly open to let out an exhaust
vent
| tube. I can certainly come up with a welding curtain.
|
| No outside storage, ow that hurts too. Looks like all my steel's gonna go
| Ernie's welding class, at least it's a good cause.
|
| GWE

I just called my Farmer's agent and he says no problem with welding
equipment in your garage, as long as you don't (read that as _never_) accept
any work for money (that also means, I assume, they can't find out about any
transactions.) I was glad to hear that, especially as my welding is too bad
to ever think about making someone pay for it. Now that I think about it, I
wonder exactly how they define "paying for it" as it relates to "donations"
and bartering? I'm not gonna go there with my agent, even though he's been
really great for me.