Martin H. Eastburn

Buy a tent.
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Grant Erwin wrote:

I think the biggest problem is due to OA tanks. Most home-owner
insurance policies have a void clause if OA tanks are on your
property. Are you OA welding? You might get around this if it's a
problem by going to propane-oxygen. Tell them you are doing explosive
welding...see where THAT gets you. (What are buds for)

Wow. I'll check my homeowner's policy. I do own a set of O/A tanks but I
almost never use 'em, mostly keep them for sentimental reasons. Maybe
once a year I have to use the cutting torch to make a meatball cut.
Maybe it's time to sell them.

I normally stick weld outside, in my driveway. However, I recently got a
Millermatic 250 MIG welder, and with a fume extractor I could probably
weld inside, or maybe with the door only slightly open to let out an
exhaust vent tube. I can certainly come up with a welding curtain.

No outside storage, ow that hurts too. Looks like all my steel's gonna
go to Ernie's welding class, at least it's a good cause.

GWE