Jeff Wisnia

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Don Foreman" wrote: I made a little brass stem , threaded on one end to
screw into the pipe of a Bernz-O-Matic propane torch. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's a marketable idea. If they were for sale, I would place an order
right now.

I wonder if you purchased a butane cigarette lighter refill canister if one
of the 8 adaptors they supply with it would work with nothing to make?

Even if it doesn't, it would justify buying one of those neat little butane
mini torches that use the same canister.

I got sseveral of the butane "grille" cannisters (about the size of
larger spray paint cans.) on sale the end of last summer and turned a
plastic adaptor to fill my $7 HF mini torch. That's probably going to be
a lifetime supply for me. That little torch lives on my bench as a handy
and clean heat source for small stuff, including heat shrink tubing
(With a deft enough quick pass, that is. G)

Interestingly, I saw the same little torch on sale at a fancy kitchen
shop for about $35 a little while ago. They were selling it for browning
the peaks of that stuff chefs top off creme bruleighs
with.(Howeverthehell they're spelled.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia