Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:20:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Eric
R Snow quickly quoth:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:28:44 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I made a little brass stem , threaded on one end to screw into the
pipe of a Bernz-O-Matic propane torch. The stem goes where the nozzle
was. Insert stem smartly, hold firmly, turn on propane. That will
often blow the paint tube clear, and re-pressurize the can. Saved
many rattlecans that way. Hardly ever get any on me.

[Your torch tips are threaded, Don? Most I've seen have straight pipe
ends.]

Don,
That's a great idea! I can think of at least 7 people I know who could
use these. Thanks! I'm gonna make some for Christmas presents. And
anybody who has put a match to spray paint knows that the propellant
burns pretty well so propane isn't gonna hurt.

The flammability issue has always kept me from trying that ploy.
Having made hair-net spray cans into flame throwers, I have a lot
of respect for the contents of aerosol cans and haven't wanted to
punch a steel item (nail, churchkey) through a steel can for fear of
sparks.

[Good idea, Don. I wonder if you could just use a rubber tipped blow
gun with a small paper clip (as a valve depressor, through the side)
to accomplish the same thing.]

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris