Don Foreman

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:20:16 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:37:01 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:51:56 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Its also illegal as hell.

Install a proper transfer switch, or use drop cords

The life you save, may be a linemans.

No juice can leave the premises if there is visible air space
between line and local circuits. Got any transfer switches that
could be shipped for $20 or so?

General comment, not directed at you.

Gunner

I wondered if that might be so. G You are absolutely right,
transfer switch or drop cords are unquestionably the right
approaches. Transfer switches are undoubtedly well-designed, but
I'd even want to inspect that before I trusted it. I wonder how much
of the price is lawyerproofing, as in gas valves and ladders.