Jeff Wisnia

SteveB wrote:
Today I went to fill out a police report.

Missing:

One Jackson hood with NexGen EQC lens
One two horse Sears compressor (the old quiet one)
One new 9527 Makita grinder
One new 9501B Makita grinder
One Toro leaf blower

Chances of recovery ............ between none and zero. My daughter is a
PO, and son in law is in the intelligence department. Both have told me
chances are slim.

And Slim rode out of town at high noon yesterday....

(Sorry, I tried, but I couldn't resist that one.)

I feel your angst, Steve, remembering the times some swine has helped
himself to my stuff.

Nowhere near as bad, but when I had my driveway repaved a while back I
came home to find a good quality 50 foot black rubber garden hose and my
favorite brass spray nozzle (An inheritance from my dad no less.) were
both gonzo. We've lived in our home 20 years and nothing was ever swiped
from our back yard or deck before. There were still water spots on the
new blacktop where they'd used my hose to check the drainage slopes.

It's extra irritating when an employee of a contractor you're paying
bites the hand that's feeding him. And of course the boss always looks
you in the eye and says, "It couldn't have been any of our guys."

Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)