jim rozen

In article , Don Foreman says...

We have a Danfoss propane reefer in the truck camper, but the freezer
is just adequate to make a few ice cubes. I think I want a genny
that makes 220 so I can just pull the main breaker, plug the genny
into a welder outlet and power the house, being very selective about
loads of course.

Interesting approach. I would worry of course that the main might
be stuck closed for some unlikely reason. If you *do* go about
doing something illicit like this, you might want to pull *all*
the breakers in the panel, and then test across both poles of the
main with a proper wigger tester that measures continuity on hot
stuff. Then close the load breakers and tie in.

That way you'll be sure the main is open and nobody can get hurt.

And of course, tag the main out so nobody shows up and flips it
closed at a 'bad' time.

*If* you were thinking of doing this, hypothetically speaking and all.

Jim

please reply to: