Tom Nie

Maybe try using a pulldown white screen with an overhead projector flashing
pictures of the deer and the buffalo roaming. When you need the stuff behind
it just lift the screen. A man with no windows needs help and I'm trying to
reach out.

"One of the biggest" - my lathe's bigger than your lathe, doo daa, doo daa

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Tom Nie" wrote:

What's the white thing on the black cabinet?
Kinda like to see pictures of the rest of the shop if you got time.

Ha,ha,ha. The "rest of the shop" he says... You mean the other wall?
Well, OK, hold ontayer shorts:
http://users.easystreet.com/onlnlowe/misc/LatheWall.JPG

BTW, that's an original Tiedman Lathe Stand.
http://www.kestrelcreek.com/toc.htm?id=19&cat=tech

Now, here's a teaser for you: I got one of the biggest lathes on order
to fit in the place of the Midi. I measured and remeasured - it oughta
fit...

The white thing is a 12" Jet disc sander. (In the picture it has a
beach-found chunk of either Redwood or Western Red Cedar burl on its
table.)

I've got a 15x17 area downstairs with a 6' doorway facing the woods that
I'd
like to temporarily setup for the shop. My dream is a rough cabin with
BIG
doors on one side facing a porch and the bottoms at the back of my
property.
Cool birds and deer down there. Wouldn't have to worry about dust or
stuff
and could store wood under it.

Lucky you. I have no windows at all. Have considered putting one in just
so I can see into the rest of the basement, but then I'd lose valuable
wall space.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.