Art

Refer to a qualified service facility and pay to have it diagnosed.
"DBLEXPOSURE" wrote in message

wrote in message

My 27", 10+ year old Sony is doing the following. When I turn it on it
takes longer than normal for the picture to appear. It occasionally gets
dim very gradually to the point where you can barely see a picture, then
it
very gradually comes back to full brightness. This happens
intermittently.
Any clues as to what is failing?

Thanks.

Without getting in and tracing video path it is difficult to say. Could
be power supply problem or a tuner module. Never the less, if you take
to a shop for repair it's $50.00 labor most likely plus parts. If it
turns out being a $0.50 capacitor then you can fix it for around $50.00 If
it is a tuner mod. or large component, $80.00 - $100.00

Might be time to upgrade...