raden

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:21:58 +0000, raden wrote:

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:29:40 -0700, koolio wrote:

Hi Folks,

The boiler pilot lights but the boiler fails to go all guns blazing. I
replaced the 3 Port motorised valve and pump a couple of weekends ago.
Filled up and everything was working fine.

Now the boiler just seems to cut out. Pilot stays on though. If I turn
everything off and restart, it'll fire up for about 5 minutes and then
die on me again.

Any ideas. Cannot find any manuals on potterton site so don't know
where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IIRC these boilers are overgrown "neataheats".
The pilot flame works on a phial+capilliary tube which moves the gas valve
to the full rate. Very like many ovens work.

I don't think that the Profile does

Agreed but this is a "Prima".

It uses the same pcb as the profile, and I think the same gas valve (fan
is different)

I think the netaheat valve was a one off and not used on any other
boiler. It was inherited from the non-electronic version which had a
relay and a spark module as the only active electronics

--
geoff