Too_Many_Tools

I would argue that a radio that receives AM stations from a moderate
distance is likely the best device for hearing broadcasts that would
interest one in a disaster area. After you get a certain distance from
the event, stations do not carry revelant information for the
situation.

If you are in your home, a satellite dish would make sense for a news
feed.

Both assume that you have power to spare.

As I have mentioned before, I have been in several situations where it
was important to see what the live feed was from the local television
station so I have seen the usefulness of a small portable tv.

TMT