Ron Bean

Patriarch writes:

Lately, I find that I'm using it to 'break down' sheet goods, before they
go to the table saw, rather than using a circular (framing) saw. Used with
a clamping guide, I get pretty close. Good, sharp (Bosch brand) blades, of
the proper type, really help.

I agree with "pretty close"-- certainly close enough if you're going to
re-trim them on the table saw. I don't think it's a complete replacement
for a circular saw with a guide rail, but it's good enough in many
cases (and IMHO easier to use), whereas the cheap POS jigsaws aren't.

And you definitely want the Bosch brand blades.