Patriarch

"ks" wrote in news:WSUZe.250470$9A2.178917@edtnps89:

A feature of the new Bosch is it has a clasping mechanism below the
normal guides that can be engaged when the cut has to be precise. It
rubs on either side of the blade to keep it stiff. Although not 100%
foolproof, it really helps keep the blade from deflecting

It works, too. This Bosch jigsaw is worth the investment.

Lately, I find that I'm using it to 'break down' sheet goods, before they
go to the table saw, rather than using a circular (framing) saw. Used with
a clamping guide, I get pretty close. Good, sharp (Bosch brand) blades, of
the proper type, really help.

I also used this saw recently to trim aluminum bathroom shower door
extrusions, where I thought I might need to search out a metal cutting
bandsaw at a neighbor's shop. Worked pretty well.

This is one of those tools that I would buy again, without even looking at
the competition. It's that good.

Patriarch