Don Foreman

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:29:32 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Check with an RV dealer as to where crashed, burned and busted
Motorhomes go when they die. Most have decent Onan or equiv gensets,
along with big battery banks in the belly of the beasts. Sometimes you
can get a hell of a deal. And consider snagging a reefer out of one
too..they will run on propane, 110 or 12vt (usually) which makes it
easy to snag food out of your regular fridge and keep it cold using
alternative methods.

We have a Danfoss propane reefer in the truck camper, but the freezer
is just adequate to make a few ice cubes. I think I want a genny
that makes 220 so I can just pull the main breaker, plug the genny
into a welder outlet and power the house, being very selective about
loads of course.

Geeze Don..you and others here are starting to sound like
Survivalists..

Whoda thunkit?

Many Minnesotans, particularly those ex-metro, are quiet
survivalists of a sort though they probably wouldn't acknowledge the
label. They just regard it as common sense. Survival kits go
into the car trunks every year about 1 November. Breaking and
entering in the nighttime is almost unheard of in the northern suburbs
for some reason.....perhaps the burglars are "Minnesota nice"?