Don Foreman

On 26 Sep 2005 05:04:59 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article . net, Karl Townsend
says...

This one strikes a nerve at home. When I was a newlywed (26 years ago), we
bought an old farm house way out in the country. The SO was still carrying
laundry to town when I came home with a portable generator that I had got a
deal on. No talk about it ahead of time. My point that life out in the
country without power in case of an ice storm didn't carry squat against the
washer/dryer combo that she had spotted on sale. AND now we couldn't afford
it. We've still never had that ice storm. AND its still a sore subject.

Ah, but flip that around, and have a storm like that.

"well, if we had a generator we could keep the boiler and well
pump running, but we don't. So there's gonna be no water and
no heat till it comes back up."

Wimmin folks get squirrely when there's no indoor plumbing. You would
have been out shopping for the best generator you could want, in short
order.

You wouldn't have found one within 50 miles. I checked as far west
as Rogers and as far north as Forest Lake. All gone.