Andy

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
I know that gas pipes passing through cavity walls need to be sleeved
and sealed to the sleeving to prevent gas escaping into the cavity in
the event of a leak.

What about gas pipes passing through a plasterboard ceiling and the
floorboards above? Is there a similar requirement for the same reason?

Are there any specifications as to what the sleeving material should
be? The pipe will be 28mm copper, so will 32mm waste pipe be OK?

TIA

Mr F.

I don't know the answer, but can imagine it will be complicated by the
probable existence of another regulation to prevent fire penetrating a
ceiling via a hole.
That is why I am wondering whether you can use plastic sleeving.

Andy.