Too_Many_Tools

I would agree but have yet to see any real comparsions thus the subject
of the thread.

I too consider radio to be a basic need but after going through several
weather related emergencies of tornadoes, floods and forest fires I can
tell you that you need to be able to see what the local television
stations are broadcasting LIVE. The television also needs to display in
color since a number of real time maps and displays offered use color
to encode necessary data.

The handheld color LCD units work surprisely well but the screens can
be too small to make out some details...so the search goes on for a
somewhat larger but portable set.

TMT