David

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question. With the jigsaw, it'll cut
whereever you guide it - so I always "follow the lines". Whatever line I
follow, that's where it cuts.

Jack

wrote:

Okay...newbie here...let me get this straight...

With one of these babies (and the right technique), could I cut
through, say 4/4 cherry and actually have a straight cut? And by
straight, I don't mean "following the lines," but rather one without
blade deflection?

My current jigsaw is used for nothing but getting a piece of too-long
board out of the way...no matter how slowly I cut, I always end up with
an irregularly "beveled" cut.

What say the board members?

it might cut on the line, but as the blade travels up and down, cheap
jigsaws allow the blade to flex, thereby giving you a bevel cut. Like
my old Wen unit... the thicker the material, the more obvious the bevel.

Dave