Phil at small (vs at large)

Cyrille de Br=E9bisson wrote:
Hello,

I need to make 350lf of tongue and grove in Jatoba (356 of tongue, 350 of
grove), and was wondering what was the best approach?

- use a dado blade on my table saw where I have a lot of power and a big
blade to do the work?
- use t&g bit on my router, which is more precise, but might dull the bit,
and will put a lot of strain on my poor little PC unit?

so, what are your suggestions?

regards, cyrille

TS would be my choice, but I have a T&G setup with my old Craftsman
moulding head cutter. ( I do believe they are still availablefor sale &
the T&G cutter came as part of the set) The only caveat is that you
need to use hold downs & featherboards. I don't like using a dado blade
for T&G- You didn't mention how wide, thick and long the boards are.
If the boards are overly long & have to stay that way, or if they are
much wider than 6" I would reevaluate my opinion. If you have to use
the router-- hey that's what tools are for. I'm sure your PC will be
up to it.=20
Phil