Gunner Asch

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:36:44 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I'll be buying a generator soon. Summertime outage is inconvenient,
nothing more. We do primitive just fine. But an ice storm causing
a similar outage midwinter could be serious. Frozen plumbing can be a
very costly mess. There isn't a genny within 75 miles of Mnpls
just now, but they'll restock eventually. I'm looking at a Honda
5.5KW per recommendation from Fitch.

Ig would no doubt find one for $9.99. I'm not that good at finding
bargains. I want something I can count on, bargain or not. Onan is
right here in Fridley and I recall from army days that Onan made
seriously good gennys -- but I just need a small one. Honda has an
excellent rep with small gennys.

Check with an RV dealer as to where crashed, burned and busted
Motorhomes go when they die. Most have decent Onan or equiv gensets,
along with big battery banks in the belly of the beasts. Sometimes you
can get a hell of a deal. And consider snagging a reefer out of one
too..they will run on propane, 110 or 12vt (usually) which makes it
easy to snag food out of your regular fridge and keep it cold using
alternative methods.

Geeze Don..you and others here are starting to sound like
Survivalists..

Whoda thunkit?

Gunner, with a 25 yr headstart.

for torturing the cat." Gunner