Mike Young

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"you're not dressed for working in a machine shop. Are you sure this is
what you want to do?" The best response is "If you want me to start
today, I'll run home and change."

Good advice. I'd bring the change of clothes. Leave it in the car, or bring
the rucksack if you're hoofing it.

"I just figured if you were going to
give me some of your time, I would show you that I respect that." Sounds
corny but it works.

Too pat, too corny for my taste. "Shucks darn, you betcha. I even warshed
behind the ears this morning." Or better: "My Daddy taught me to show the
proper respect. I brung me some proper work clothes, right chere, just in
case." Always think, plan, and stay one step ahead. Not just in the
interview, but all through life. It's easy if you're serious about your
work. There's no way to fake it if you're not.