James Sweet

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
news:PCKZe.551683$5V4.227121@pd7tw3no...

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I always keep batteries separate...it is the only way to be sure that
you will not have damage from leakage.

Does anyone have any reviews for sensitivity, power consumption,
operating temperature range....again I am looking for something that
can be used in an emergency sense that would be easy on the batteries
and be rugged from an enviromental sense.

Thanks

TMT

Hi Too...

Just a couple of thoughts, if I may?

Assuming that you're preparing for the kinds of emergencies that the
USA has had a few of recently, if it were me I'd be tempted to stay
away from LCD's.

Think I'd like to get ahold of one of those little 5 inch sets of the
type that walmart sells for about 19 dollars (canadian). Emergency's
don't need large screens (power consuming), not colour (power
consuming), nor any of the other niceties. Information is all, isn't it?

I'd be shocked if a color LCD uses even half the power of a B&W CRT, not to
mention for 19 bucks can you even count on the thing working in an
emergency? Personally I'd just get a radio, but for a little TV, LCD is the
way to go.