Kroma

"Stuart" wrote in message

Without actually seeing what you describe I would imagine that what
you are seeing is the phone wire complete with it's outer sheathing
......If you CAREFULLY peel back the outer insulation you will find
the various coloured wires within and it is those that you need to
connect to the new phone socket as per the appropriate instructions
.As you suggest it is best to use the appropriate tool to insert the
wires without removing the insulation from these coloured wires .You
can get these from various outlets incl Maplins etc .

Stuart

Yes, that's what I meant. But when I peel back the white sheathing, won't I
just get 8 (or 10) coloured bits which are on their way upstairs? How do I
get them connected to a new socket AND let them continue their journey
upstairs?

Daz