Kroma

Default Midway Phone Socket

Hello!

I was about to install a diy phone extension when I decided to investigate
the contents of a blanked off 'socket' in my hallway (where I was to put the
extension). It turns out that the blanked off extension houses a phone
lead, all looped up and ready to go. I assume the lead comes FROM the aster
socket in the lounge and goes to the socket upstairs. Problem solved...
but...

I will of course not need to fit the extension any more (good - no need to
cleat lots of wire along the back of the lounge and/or drill nasty holes
everywhere) but I am a bit confused.

I've looked in the master socket (naughty me) and seen how it is wired.
Yes - that's easy.
I've looked in the upstairs socket and seen how that is wired - easy again.

But the 'blanked' socket houses a big white wire going between other
sockets. Surely the wires contained 'within' won't have 'ends' to attach
to the socket?

How can I connect this safely so that everything else continues to work.
I've looked at http://tinyurl.com/aglx7 and that explains things well but
doesn't account for the fact that all the sockets I've seen require the
'ends' of wires (and the special tools I've read about cut off the unused
bits so you can't simply push the middle of the wired onto the connections
in such a way that they continue their journey up to the next socket).

I hope I've made myself clear!

Any suggestions would be very welcome indeed.

Regards,

Daz

PS I almost had heart failure after looking inside the master socket -
everything stopped working after I replaced the socket. It turns out that
one of the 2 wires in the no 2 connector had worked loose (it was VERY messy
in there)!